Обсуждение: triggers

triggers

От
Kailash Vyas
Дата:
hi

I have a query regarding triggers.
On INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE I want to fire a trigger to relect it to another database on postgres sever.
how can I do this operation.

Thanks in advance,
Kailash Vyas

Re: triggers

От
Guido Barosio

which actually will guide you to:

..that actually is the pgsql man.

rtfm :)

Best wishes,
Guido

--
"Adopting the position that you are smarter than an automatic
optimization algorithm is generally a good way to achieve less

Re: triggers

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On Thu, 8 Sep 2005, Kailash Vyas wrote:

> hi
>
> I have a query regarding triggers.
> On INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE I want to fire a trigger to relect it to another
> database on postgres sever.
> how can I do this operation.

This is tricky, because you probably want to have the same transactional
occurances as well (ie, rollbacks not leaving the rolledback data on the
other database).  You might be best off looking at some of the replication
systems for PostgreSQL to see what they do (or perhaps just using one).

Re: triggers

От
Chris Browne
Дата:
kailash.vyas@gmail.com (Kailash Vyas) writes:
> hi
> I have a query regarding triggers.
> On INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE I want to fire a trigger to relect it to another database on postgres sever.
> how can I do this operation.
> Thanks in advance,
> Kailash Vyas

If you wish the trigger to result in some action taking place on
another database, then there are two major methodologies available:

 1.  The trigger could RAISE an event.

     A LISTENing daemon would see that event, and do something in the
     other database.

 2.  The trigger could write data into a replicated table.

     The replication system (possibly Slony-I?) would then copy
     the replicable data to the other database.

--
"cbbrowne","@","cbbrowne.com"
http://cbbrowne.com/info/slony.html