Re: pg_hba.conf

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: pg_hba.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
mike@thegodshalls.com (mike g) writes:
> I believe I found my problem.  The Cisco VPN client I use encrypts data
> at a 168 bit level.  Postgres only supports up to 128 bit correct?

That ought to be entirely irrelevant, as your VPN client would encrypt
all data going across the network, encrypted or not.  Indeed, if the
VPN is encrypting the data, it is redundant to have the database
server encrypt it an extra time.

That will just make things perform poorly.

And if you have some network configuration problem, adding in extra
layers of encryption is unlikely to make it easier to solve the
problem...
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "gro.mca" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://cbbrowne.com/info/linux.html