Re: postgres hot-standby questions.

От Scott Ribe
Тема Re: postgres hot-standby questions.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mar 26, 2015, at 9:43 AM, Graeme B. Bell <grb@skogoglandskap.no> wrote:

> Do you know if using the trigger file makes any change to the DB or WAL which couldn't be replicated on the master
whenit comes back up?

No. It just signals PG to come out of continuous recovery mode and start allowing normal (read/write) operations. It
alsomoves recovery.conf out of the way (to recovery.done) so that if PG is restarted, it does NOT go back into recovery
modeand start trying to get updates from the former master.

> I could try to script it using e.g. pg_last_xlog_receive_location,  pg_last_xlog_replay_location, but that doesn't
helpso much when the DB decides to complete shutdown while the packet is still on the wire, and the packet goes
missing.

Yeah, that mostly tells you if your network is faster than your disk. (OK, not really, but you obviously know what I
mean...)But try comparing pg_current_xlog_location on the master to pg_last_xlog_receive_location on the replica. You
couldalso look into using the pg_stat_replication view.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com

От: Scott Ribe
Сообщение: Re: postgres hot-standby questions.
От: "Graeme B. Bell"
Сообщение: Re: postgres hot-standby questions.