Re: pg_backrest build dependencies rpm's

От Jakub Olczyk
Тема Re: pg_backrest build dependencies rpm's
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Pavan,

I think you forgot to add the list to your reply, so I am adding it
right now.

On 23/05/2019 17:46, Pavan Kumar wrote:
> I installed  pgdg repository rpm.
>
> [root@katyayani ~]# rpm -Uvh pgdg-redhat-repo-latest.noarch.rpm
> Preparing...                ########################################### [100%]
>    1:pgdg-redhat-repo       ########################################### [100%]
>
> when i query for rpm's in the repository, i don't see the rpm i am looking for
> [root@katyayani ~]# yum provides build
> Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit, security, ulninfo
> Repository pgdg11 is listed more than once in the configuration
> Repository pgdg96 is listed more than once in the configuration
> Repository pgdg11-updates-testing is listed more than once in the configuration
> Repository pgdg96-updates-testing is listed more than once in the configuration
> Repository pgdg11-source is listed more than once in the configuration
> Repository pgdg11-source-updates-testing is listed more than once in the configuration
> Repository pgdg96-source is listed more than once in the configuration
> Repository pgdg96-source-updates-testing is listed more than once in the configuration
> pgdg94                                                                                                         | 4.1
kB    00:00
> pgdg94/primary_db                                                                                              | 238
kB    00:00
> pgdg95                                                                                                         | 4.1
kB    00:00
> pgdg95/primary_db                                                                                              | 242
kB    00:00
> Warning: 3.0.x versions of yum would erroneously match against filenames.
>  You can use "*/build" and/or "*bin/build" to get that behaviour
> No Matches found
>
> Instead of configuring pgdg yum repository, is there any way to download rpm's  from pgdg repository portal ?

Well, I thought you might want to use the prepackaged version of
pgbackrest from the repository that matches the version of PostgreSQL
you have installed. So the command after installing the repository RPM
would look like this:

# yum install pgbackrest

In that way you won't need to compile anything from scratch and you can
count on the automated updates from the repository.

If that approach isn't really working for you and you can only compile
yourself the first step would be installing the @buildsys-build group
which is roughly equivalent to build-essential from Debian world. As for
other library packages I'd start with the ones that are listed as
BuildRequires in the source RPM package from PGDG repository and later
install anything that is still missing.

So the command for installing packages required during build would be:
# yum install @buildsys-build \
                openssl-devel \
                   zlib-devel \
          perl-ExtUtils-Embed