Re: check_recovery_target_lsn() does a PG_CATCH without a throw

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: check_recovery_target_lsn() does a PG_CATCH without a throw
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-06-12 13:16, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> I haven't figured out the time zone issue yet, but I guess the solution
> might involve moving some of the code from check_recovery_target_time()
> to assign_recovery_target_time().

I think that won't work either.  What we need to do is postpone the
interpretation of the timestamp string until after all the GUC
processing is done.  So check_recovery_target_time() would just do some
basic parsing checks, but stores the string.  Then when we need the
recovery_target_time_value we do the final parsing.  Then we can be sure
that the time zone is all set.