Re: wait_event_type IO & wait_event CopyFileRead

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: wait_event_type IO & wait_event CopyFileRead
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, 2020-10-27 at 17:27 +0530, Naveen Kumar wrote:
> I can see my query in wait_event_type IO, wait_event CopyFileRead in pg_stat_activity,
>  Its been running from 4 hours, Can anyone help me understand to wait_event_type IO,
>  wait_event CopyFileRead, how to proceed with my query execution.

That means that PostgreSQL is reading a file that it wants to copy to
another file, and it it waits for the read operation to finish.

If you are stuck on this for a long time, perhaps you have a file on a
networked file system, and the network connection went bad.

It is hard to say more without knowing what your query is and where the
file resides.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe