Re: free(): invalid pointer , when to dumping data to a new server

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: free(): invalid pointer , when to dumping data to a new server
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, 2020-10-26 at 10:22 +0000, Lars Aksel Opsahl wrote:
> I have done some more testing and postgres also crashes right after  'pg_restore  --section=pre-data -1'
>  is done also.  Here I also see the 'free(): invalid pointer' in the postgres log.
>
> This happens on with Postgres 12 and Postgres 13. and any version of postgis I have tested with.
>
> The pre-data input is little bit more than 200.000 lines with more than 6000 CREATE statements,
>  if I test with the first 100 lines it does not crash. It seems like no data are lost here because
>  the server does recovery at startup.
>
> I tested on another with CentOS and the same software and it worked ok
>
> The server diagnostic does not indicate any memory errors.
>
> Dnf search does not give mee any debuginfo file for postgres

You'll have to edit "/etc/yum.repos.d/pgdg-fedora-all.repo" and
set the "PostgreSQL 13 for Fedora $releasever - $basearch - Debuginfo"
repository to "enabled=1".

Then you can install the debuginfo packages and generate a stack trace.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe