GSoC 2018: Sorting Algorithm and Benchmarking

От Kefan Yang
Тема GSoC 2018: Sorting Algorithm and Benchmarking
Дата
Re: GSoC 2018: Sorting Algorithm and Benchmarking  (Andrey Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru>)
Список pgsql-hackers

Hello,

My name is Kefan Yang. I am so excited that my proposal ‘Sorting Algorithm and Benchmarking 2018’ has been accepted. I see on the Wiki page that you can mentor this proposal. This is what I’ve done in these few days:

  1. I’ve carefully read through Submit a Patch and have a basic understanding of the submission process.
  2. I’ve set up the environment and ready to code. The sorting routine is kind of separated from other modules so I don’t need much time to get familiar with the code base. If things go smoothly, I can start coding ahead of schedule

Now I have some questions:

  1. If I understand it correctly, the sorting benchmark should be an executable  under the src/bin/ folder just like pgbench?
  2. Do you, or other community members, have any suggestions about the final version of proposal?
  3. Are there any specific thing you expect me to do during this community bonding period?

Thanks for your time!

Regards,

Kefan

Вложения