Re: Ability to listen on two unix sockets

От Florian Pflug
Тема Re: Ability to listen on two unix sockets
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Jun13, 2012, at 15:14 , Honza Horak wrote:
> Since systemd with it's PrivateTmp feature is going to be used in more and more distros, there will probably be a
biggerneed to solve in-accessible default unix socket directory /tmp in the future.

> Thus, I'd like to ask if anybody is aware of any issue connected with simply patching pg_config_manual.h, same as
Debiandoes it already? For example, is there any piece of software, that simply rely on /tmp location of the socket and
doesn'tuse libpg for the communication?

I've used self-compiled postgres version on debian for years, and debian's way of doing things is major PITA in that
situation.You end up having to specify that full path to the socket directory *everywhere*, because otherwise things
startto break if you recompile something and it suddenly happens to use the debian-supplied libpq instead of your own.

Supporting sockets in multiple directories would solve that, once and for all.

best regards,
Florian Pflug

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Mark JSON error detail messages for translation.
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Mark JSON error detail messages for translation.