Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Mark JSON error detail messages for translation.

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Mark JSON error detail messages for translation.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wednesday, June 13, 2012 05:03:38 PM Robert Haas wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> writes:
> >>
> >> Really?!
> >
> > Um ... do you have a problem with that idea, and if so what?  It would
> > be considerably more complicated to do it without a second pass.
>
> Could you explain how it's broken now, and why it will be hard to fix?
>  People may well want to use a cast to JSON within an exception block
> as a way of testing whether strings are valid JSON.  We should not
> assume that the cost of an exception is totally irrelevant, because
> this might be iterated.
Exception blocks/subtransctions already are considerably expensive. I have a
hard time believing this additional cost would be measureable.

Andres
Services

От: Merlin Moncure
Сообщение: Re: hint bit i/o reduction
От: Florian Pflug
Сообщение: Re: Ability to listen on two unix sockets