Re: [ADMIN] Nesting records in pg_hba.conf

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Nesting records in pg_hba.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 20/12/2016 14:12, Poul Kristensen wrote:
> Hi !
>
> Could anyone inform which records it is possible to nest the pg_hba.conf file?
>
> 1. My experience is that replication and local authentication can be active at the same time in pg_hba.conf,

pg_hba is consulted in a top->down fashion. If a certain line satisfies the criteria then this is chosen. Basically for
everysuccessful connection you have only one corresponding line in pg_hba.conf.
It doesn't fall through. So you got only one "active" line.
> 2. But my experience too is that when authentication through ldap is activated then only this is possible and NOT in
combinationwith another active record.

--
Achilleas Mantzios
IT DEV Lead

От: Poul Kristensen
Сообщение: [ADMIN] Nesting records in pg_hba.conf
От: xu jian
Сообщение: [ADMIN] Does special index type have index bloat issue? for instance gist,gin, brin?