Обсуждение: [ADMIN] Nesting records in pg_hba.conf

[ADMIN] Nesting records in pg_hba.conf

От
Poul Kristensen
Дата:
Hi !

Could anyone inform which records it is possible to nest the pg_hba.conf file?

1. My experience is that replication and local authentication can be active at the same time in pg_hba.conf,

2. But my experience too is that when authentication through ldap is activated then only this is possible and NOT in combination with another active record.

Does anyone agree with number 2.?

Thanks
Poul

Re: [ADMIN] Nesting records in pg_hba.conf

От
Achilleas Mantzios
Дата:
On 20/12/2016 14:12, Poul Kristensen wrote:
> Hi !
>
> Could anyone inform which records it is possible to nest the pg_hba.conf file?
>
> 1. My experience is that replication and local authentication can be active at the same time in pg_hba.conf,

pg_hba is consulted in a top->down fashion. If a certain line satisfies the criteria then this is chosen. Basically for
everysuccessful connection you have only one corresponding line in pg_hba.conf.
It doesn't fall through. So you got only one "active" line.

--
Achilleas Mantzios
IT DEV Lead