How can we get the word out about the change in version numbering?

От Josh Berkus
Тема How can we get the word out about the change in version numbering?
Дата
Re: How can we get the word out about the change in version numbering?  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: How can we get the word out about the change in version numbering?  (Chris Travers <chris.travers@gmail.com>)
Re: How can we get the word out about the change in version numbering?  (Damien Clochard <damien@dalibo.info>)
Re: How can we get the word out about the change in version numbering?  (Brendan Jurd <direvus@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-advocacy
Folks,

If you'd somehow missed it, we are going from three-part to two-part
version numbers.  That is, the next release is 9.6.0, but the major
release after that is 10.0.  10.1 will be the first patch release on
version 10.

This means that we have a year to make sure that every driver author and
every body who has some hackish script parsing the version number scheme
finds out about it -- before 10.0 is released.

Ideas?

Josh Berkus
Red Hat OSAS
(any opinions are my own)