Re: Reviewing freeze map code

От Josh berkus
Тема Re: Reviewing freeze map code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 05/18/2016 03:51 PM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 8:52 AM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
>> How about going with something that says more about why we are doing
>> it, rather than trying to describe in one or two words what it is
>> doing?
>>
>> VACUUM (FORENSIC)
>>
>> VACUUM (DEBUG)
>>
>> VACUUM (LINT)
>
> +1

Maybe this is the wrong perspective.  I mean, is there a reason we even
need this option, other than a lack of any other way to do a full table
scan to check for corruption, etc.?  If we're only doing this for
integrity checking, then maybe it's better if it becomes a function,
which could be later extended with additional forensic features?

Josh Berkus
Red Hat OSAS
(any opinions are my own)