Re: Generate PG schemas from the Oracle Data Modeler tool?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Generate PG schemas from the Oracle Data Modeler tool?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 03/08/2016 08:58 AM, Ken Winter wrote:
> I have established a connection between the Oracle tool and my PG
> databases by installing the PG JDBC driver from
> https://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html and following instructions at
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7592519/oracle-sql-developer-and-postgresql/22299552
> and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGG_N9Mlgdw&feature=youtu.be .
>
> While the connection thus established seems solid, it delivers access to
> only part of the PG database objects.  Most weirdly, the public schema
> is invisible in the Oracle tool browser, though it displays other
> schemas I create.  For full details of this weirdness, see
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35809963/cant-see-postgresql-public-schema-in-oracle-sql-developer.
> Any advice from the PG world would be very welcome.

The below would seem to indicate that it can be done:

http://tabdoelhafiezkhan.blogspot.com/2014/05/reverse-engineer-postgresql-with-oracle.html

Though the links you provided seem to indicate that Oracle SQL Developer
Data Modeler behavior with Postgres is erratic.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com