Re: sha256 certificate "unknown message digest algorithm"

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: sha256 certificate "unknown message digest algorithm"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 02/23/2016 05:18 AM, Frazer McLean wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using PostgreSQL 9.4.6 and openssl 1.0.2f. If my server or client
> certificate use SHA256, I get the following error on the client:
>      psql: SSL error: tlsv1 alert decrypt error
> And the following log message on the server:
>      LOG:  could not accept SSL connection: unknown message digest algorithm
> I could use -sha1 to generate my certificates but -sha256 should work,

Some searching indicates this is usually an OpenSSL version issue.

So the OpenSSL version you mention above is where, the client or the
server or both?

Where did you install Postgres from and what version of OpenSSL was it
compiled against?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com