Re: BUG #12799: libpq - SSL pqsecure_read() doesn't clean openssl error queue before reading

От Dave Vitek
Тема Re: BUG #12799: libpq - SSL pqsecure_read() doesn't clean openssl error queue before reading
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2/18/2016 5:16 PM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 2:11 PM, Dave Vitek <dvitek@grammatech.com> wrote:
>> We independently ran into this, diagnosed it, and fixed it.  Here is the
>> complete patch covering every use of SSL_get_error.
> I posted a patch for this issue independently, and quite recently:

> Do you happen to have any idea why there has been an uptick in problem
> reports about this recently, despite the fact that it's been an issue
> for a while (that's been the case within Heroku, at least)? Are you
> aware that there is some specific trend behind that?

I can only speak for my case.  postgres is part of our CodeSonar
product, and we are adding an option to have it use TLS sockets to talk
to postgres.

Maintainers: Peter's patch is better than mine, at least for the front
end side.  I also adjusted be-secure-openssl.c, which perhaps is not
necessary, but then again it's hard to be sure.  It might be worth doing
a patch for be-secure-openssl.c in the spirit of what Peter did for the
frontend (sorry, not volunteering :).

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: BUG #12799: libpq - SSL pqsecure_read() doesn't clean openssl error queue before reading
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #12799: libpq - SSL pqsecure_read() doesn't clean openssl error queue before reading