Re: Idle In Transaction Session Timeout, revived

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Idle In Transaction Session Timeout, revived
Дата
Re: Idle In Transaction Session Timeout, revived  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2/3/16 4:05 PM, David Steele wrote:

>> I'm not sure how messy this would be in practice.  But if we think that
>> killing the whole session is not desirable but something we're doing for
>> expediency, then it would be worth looking into that approach.
>
> I think killing the session is a perfectly sensible thing to do in this
> case.  Everything meaningful that was done in the session will be rolled
> back - no need to waste resources keeping the connection open.

Except you end up losing stuff like every GUC you've set, existing temp
tables, etc. For an application that presumably doesn't matter, but for
a user connection it would be a PITA.

I wouldn't put a bunch of effort into it though. Dropping the connection
is certainly better than nothing.

Сообщение: Re: Idle In Transaction Session Timeout, revived
Сообщение: Re: Idle In Transaction Session Timeout, revived