Re: Idle In Transaction Session Timeout, revived

От Vik Fearing
Тема Re: Idle In Transaction Session Timeout, revived
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 02/03/2016 11:36 PM, Jim Nasby wrote:
> On 2/3/16 4:05 PM, David Steele wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm not sure how messy this would be in practice.  But if we think that
>>> killing the whole session is not desirable but something we're doing for
>>> expediency, then it would be worth looking into that approach.
>>
>> I think killing the session is a perfectly sensible thing to do in this
>> case.  Everything meaningful that was done in the session will be rolled
>> back - no need to waste resources keeping the connection open.

That was the consensus last time I presented this bikeshed for painting.

> Except you end up losing stuff like every GUC you've set, existing temp
> tables, etc. For an application that presumably doesn't matter, but for
> a user connection it would be a PITA.
>
> I wouldn't put a bunch of effort into it though. Dropping the connection
> is certainly better than nothing.

You could always put  SET idle_in_transaction_session_timeout = 0;  in
your .psqlrc file to exempt your manual sessions from it.  Or change it
just for your user or something.
--
Vik Fearing                                          +33 6 46 75 15 36

Сообщение: Re: Idle In Transaction Session Timeout, revived
Сообщение: Re: Idle In Transaction Session Timeout, revived