Re: oldest/newestCommitTs output by pg_controldata

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: oldest/newestCommitTs output by pg_controldata
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/28/2015 10:35 AM, Joe Conway wrote:
> An alternative would be to not have a space at all for those two, e.g.
>
>   "Latest checkpoint's oldestCommitTsXid:%u\n"
>   "Latest checkpoint's newestCommitTsXid:%u\n"
>
> That isn't too bad and would leave everything aligned.

That seems like the best solution to me.

8<-----------------------
Latest checkpoint's oldestMultiXid:   1
Latest checkpoint's oldestMulti's DB: 1
Latest checkpoint's oldestCommitTsXid:0
Latest checkpoint's newestCommitTsXid:0
Time of latest checkpoint:            Thu 24 Dec 2015 08:55:27 AM PST
Fake LSN counter for unlogged rels:   0/1
8<-----------------------

Anyone parsing based on fixed length would be ok, and so would anyone
splitting on the colon.

I retract my earlier suggestion of doing HEAD different from
REL9_5_STABLE, at least for the moment. My patch for pg_controldata
related functions is going to impact all this anyway, so we might as
well not fuss about it now.

Any objections to the attached?

Joe

--