Re: oldest/newestCommitTs output by pg_controldata

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: oldest/newestCommitTs output by pg_controldata
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/28/2015 10:30 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
>>> I think the attached does the job. Note I settled on
>>> (new|old)estCommitTsXid as that seemed most descriptive and not horribly
>>> longer than before. It did mean, however, that I needed to add a single
>>> space to all the output in pg_resetxlog and pg_controldata, which added
>>> a fair amount to the patch size.
>>
>> Hm.  That will break all the translations for those messages, no?
>> Not sure it's worth it.
>
> Yeah, I would leave the others alone and just let this line have the
> value shifted one more column to the right.

Seems like the translation issue would be mostly 9.5. Maybe we should
add the space in master but not 9.5?

An alternative would be to not have a space at all for those two, e.g.
 "Latest checkpoint's oldestCommitTsXid:%u\n" "Latest checkpoint's newestCommitTsXid:%u\n"

That isn't too bad and would leave everything aligned.

Joe

--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com