Re: repmgr 3.x releases in Postgres PPA for Ubuntu Trusty

От Jonathan Heard
Тема Re: repmgr 3.x releases in Postgres PPA for Ubuntu Trusty
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Hi Marco,

    We've taken the decision to upgrade to repmgr 4.x because sticking
with the old version is complex and leaves us 'frozen in time' without
any updates etc..

Unfortunately, I've hit a show-stopped bug in version 4 :-(   The repo
gives us 4.0.0-2.pgdg14.04+2 but the SQL query for 'repmgr cluster show'
is broken. We don't use the 'repmgr' user and have fallen foul of the
oversight which is fixed the following commit:

| * commit 3e4a5e6ff5f386391c06aa639fbd8ff6299e1db6
| | Author: Martín Marqués <martin.marques@2ndquadrant.com>
| | Date:   Wed Nov 22 17:13:58 2017 -0300
| |
| |     Fix missing FQN for the nodes table.
| |
| |     This bug was not detected before because most users work with
the repmgr
| |     user. For that reason, the repmgr schema is already in the
search_path
| |     by default.
| |
| |     Add the repmgr schema to the nodes table in the LEFT JOIN used for
| |     cluster show (and in other places)

The above commit is is rolled up into v4.0.1 so do you know when this
will be released to the PPA please?

Thanks
Jonathan

On 04/12/17 10:38, Marco Nenciarini wrote:
> Il 04/12/17 11:19, Jonathan Heard ha scritto:
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>>    We use Puppet in our environments to be able to quickly roll out
>> identical Postgres clusters with repmgr - we've not built one for a
>> while but had a business need to do so on Friday and the build failed.
>> The root cause of this is because the Postgres PPA has completely
>> removed repmgr 3.3.2  for Ubuntu 'Trusty' (14.04) and replaced it with
>> repmgr 4.x which is a major release update with breaking changes to both
>> its configuration files and its schema requirements.
>>
>> Is it intentional that the older version has been completely removed?
>> Version 2.x is still present so it seems to me like it's an oversight
>> that a 3.x package isn't there.
>>
>> This is unfortunately a major headache for me because I cannot simply
>> upgrade to version 4.0 without updating our Puppet automation and
>> significant testing. For a consistent environment I'd also need to
>> upgrade all live databases in order to build just one new one :-(
>>
>> I can't even find an old copy for the 3.3.2 package at the moment so I'm
>> faced with the prospect of building it from source which could easily
>> result in a slightly different binary unless I can replicate build
>> environment and configure options used for the original package.
>>
>> Is anyone able to resurrect the 3.x release in the Postgres PPA please?
>> I suspect I'm not the only person who's going to be bitten by this :-/
>>
>> Any help would be very much appreciated
>>
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> you can find the old repmgr packages in http://atalia.postgresql.org/morgue/
>
> For convenience 2ndQuadrant has created a repository using the rempgr
> 3.3.2 packages from the morgue.
>
> Beware that these packages will not be updated, and are there only to
> facilitate the migration to repmgr4.
>
> Instructions follows:
>
> apt-key adv --fetch-keys
> http://packages.2ndquadrant.com/repmgr3/apt/0xD3FA41F6.asc
>
> echo deb http://packages.2ndquadrant.com/repmgr3/apt/ $(lsb_release
> -cs)-2ndquadrant main > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/repmgr3.list
>
> Regards,
> Marco

Сообщение: Re: repmgr 3.x releases in Postgres PPA for Ubuntu Trusty
Сообщение: Re: repmgr 3.x releases in Postgres PPA for Ubuntu Trusty