Re: vacuumdb causes memory drain.

От Sushil Shirodkar
Тема Re: vacuumdb causes memory drain.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

>>> Then I would say everything is fine.
>>> It is normal for a Linux system to have almost no free memory; the memory is used
>>> for the file system cache.
>>>
>>> Do you experience any problems, like reduced performance or high I/O?
>>>
>> Performance issue.
>>
>> Can I restrict memory usage at session level in the script where I run
>> Vacuum DB ?
>
> Could you please bottom-post?
>
> Once vacuumdb is done, the associated backend process is gone too, so
> it cannot consume any memory.
>
> Try to figure out which process consumes your memory.
>
> What do you get for free -h?
>
> How did you configure shared_buffers and maintenance_work_mem?
>
> Yours,
> Laurenz Albe
> --
> Cybertec | https://www.cybertec-postgresql.com

Sorry for the delayed response.

Process which was running close to 99% memory was
 "/usr/lib/postgresql/9.5/bin/postgres -D /var/lib/postgresql/9.5/main -c
config_file=/etc/postgresql/9.5/main/postgresql.conf"

free -h - was showing between 100-150 mb free.

shared_buffers = 1GB
maintenance_work_mem = 256MB