Re: vacuumdb causes memory drain.

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: vacuumdb causes memory drain.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Sushil Shirodkar wrote:

> Process which was running close to 99% memory was
>  "/usr/lib/postgresql/9.5/bin/postgres -D /var/lib/postgresql/9.5/main -c
config_file=/etc/postgresql/9.5/main/postgresql.conf"

> free -h - was showing between 100-150 mb free.
>
> shared_buffers = 1GB
> maintenance_work_mem = 256MB

Can you share the "free -h" output?

What do you get for
ps -p <postmaster PID> -o rss,trs,drs,vsz,%mem
if you substitute the postmaster's process ID?

If you say that "sync" restored normal behavior, are you implying that there
was a high I/O load?

Still trying to figure out what exactly you are experiencing.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Sushil Shirodkar
Сообщение: Re: vacuumdb causes memory drain.
От: Sushil Shirodkar
Сообщение: Re: vacuumdb causes memory drain.