Re: PostgreSQL Developer Best Practices

От Gavin Flower
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Developer Best Practices
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 26/08/15 11:34, Adrian Klaver wrote:
[...]
>>> Agreed, but it happens. When Lowes took over a local hardware
>>> chain(Eagles) here in Washington state they moved very quickly on
>>> changing the account numbers. The company I worked for who supplied
>>> Eagles and then Lowes sat on a check for $22,000 that was sent to us
>>> in error because the account numbers got switched. We called them when
>>> we got the check, but it still took them six months to own up to it.
>>
>> DOH!
>>
>> Next time a screwball outfit sends you a check for $22k erroneously just
>> go deposit it :-)
>
> Well that is what I wanted to do, the owner overruled me:(. Something
> about Lowes having more lawyers then we did. The strange part was we
> called them and told them what had happened and supplied the relevant
> information that explained the mix up. You would have thought us
> calling to return a check that was supposed to be to us would have
> raised a flag!
[...]

Many years ago a department store credited our account with a refund for
about $150, which obviously was not meant for us - we had never bought
that item!

They replied, essentially saying we we were due the refund.

We sent a letter yet again, explaining the problem, and saying we were
not entitled.

They then sent used a check for the amount, which we cashed, feeling we
had done our best to help them & that we could not be bothered wasting
more time trying to sort things out for them!

I think any judge would laugh them out of court!

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Developer Best Practices
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Developer Best Practices