Re: PostgreSQL Developer Best Practices

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Developer Best Practices
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 8/22/2015 12:40 PM, Melvin Davidson wrote:
> What is occurring is that the developers are sending strings like 'Mr.
> M\'vey',
> which, if we set standard_conforming_strings = ON, would, and does,
> result in errors and the statement failing,
> which is a lot less desirable that a simple warning.

if your developers were writing invalid C code (or whatever other
language they program in), would you modify the compiler to accept their
invalid syntax?   or would you tell the developer to fix their code
properly ?   if the developers refused, why would you not fire them on
the spot for incompetence ?

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Developer Best Practices
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Developer Best Practices