Re: ERROR: cache lookup failed for type

От Stuart
Тема Re: ERROR: cache lookup failed for type
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On 08/17/2015 08:08 AM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> So this is what you did when you started with the Alpha 1 database,
> correct?
>
> When you went to Alpha 2 you just installed the new program over the
> existing Alpha 1, but left the data directory as is and then ran into
> the error, correct?
>
> You then did a dump of the Alpha 1 or other(?) existing database and
> then a restore into the Alpha 2(the reload above) at which point the
> error went away, correct?

Adrian, that is correct. More precisely, the steps taken were the
following which I now see where I may have potentially introduced the error:

upgrade from prostgres 9.4.4 to 9.5alpha1

pg_dumpall > file.sql
pg_ctl stop
upgrade postgres 9.5alpha1
rm -r /pgdir/*
initdb -D /pgdir/
pg_ctl start -D /pgdir/
psql template1 -f file.sql

upgrade from postgres 9.5alpha1 to 9.5alpha2

upgrade postgres 9.5alpha1
pg_ctl stop
pg_ctl start -D /pgdir/

Now I see that not stopping the database prior to the upgrade may have
introduced the problem eventhough I don't understand the internals.  I
did do another pg_ctl stop/start after upgrade just to see if that would
fix but it didn't.

I just did the following steps, and now no error:

pg_dumpall > file.sql
pg_ctl stop
rm -r /pgdir/*
initdb -D /pgdir/
pg_ctl start -D /pgdir/
psql template1 -f file.sql

logged into db and recreated the function

psql db
create function ds_stats...

Thanks,

Stuart

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: ERROR: cache lookup failed for type
Сообщение: Re: ERROR: cache lookup failed for type