Re: ERROR: cache lookup failed for type

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: ERROR: cache lookup failed for type
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On 08/16/2015 08:52 PM, Stuart wrote:
> Adrian, Tom,
>
>     I reloaded the database and the problem doesn't happen anymore.
> Thanks for the suggestion.
>
> Tom - to answer your questions,
>
> On 08/17/2015 07:16 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> I dropped the function and can now not add it back to the database.
>>
>> What happens when you try, exactly?
>
> The same error occurred
>
>> I assume the error was persistent across multiple sessions?  Have you
>> changed the schema (rowtype) of table documents_statistics lately?
>
> No there were no changes to the table schema.  All dbase objects were
> loaded via
>
> pg_dumpall > file.sql
>
> upgrade postgres
>
> psql template1 -f file.sql

So this is what you did when you started with the Alpha 1 database, correct?

When you went to Alpha 2 you just installed the new program over the
existing Alpha 1, but left the data directory as is and then ran into
the error, correct?

You then did a dump of the Alpha 1 or other(?) existing database and
then a restore into the Alpha 2(the reload above) at which point the
error went away, correct?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: ERROR: cache lookup failed for type
Сообщение: Re: ERROR: cache lookup failed for type