History File woes

От Jamie Strachan
Тема History File woes
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

I have postgresql 9.3 running in hot standby mode with 2 servers.
(RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.5+)

Periodically, it seems that my pg_xlog/?????.history file disappears.
I have not figured out yet why.
At that point, the standby server cannot be restarted, or it fails
because it can't read the history file of the active server.
The active server cannot be restarted either.

So, I am trying to recover from this situation.

I managed to start the database back up by doing the following:
* shut down both servers.
* pg_resetxlog
* delete recovery.conf / recovery.done
* delete backup_label

The database is running, however it does not recreate the history file!

Is there some command I can use to tell postgres to recreate the history
file?

Any thoughts on why my history files are disappearing, or how to debug that?

This has impacted one customer so far, but I am seeing it a lot more now
on my lab systems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--
Jamie Strachan