Re: Replication Cluster Monitoring

От Alex Ignatov
Тема Re: Replication Cluster Monitoring
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 07.08.2015 3:12, HEMPLEMAN Matthew wrote:

Hi All,

Please bear with me as I’m not a dba and I’m new to Postgres.  I’m writing a Java application to monitor a streaming replication cluster (Windows).  I want to monitor the Master and initiate failover if necessary (something like a scaled down version of pgpool).  I also want to monitor the standby and terminate synchronous replication in the event of a failure.  At this point, my app is polling the Master every N seconds and triggering a failover if the wait is too long or it receives a connection error.  I’m worried that this method of assessing server health could lead to false-failovers.  Any suggestions as to specific health checks I could run or issues I should watch out for?  Thanks!

CONFIDENTIALITY : This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.

I think you should follow this way:
http://clusterlabs.org/wiki/PgSQL_Replicated_Cluster
--
Alex Ignatov