Re: Fwd: postgresql databases disappearing and reappearing and disappearing on localhost - Postgresql x649.3 on Windows 8.1 (64)

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Fwd: postgresql databases disappearing and reappearing and disappearing on localhost - Postgresql x649.3 on Windows 8.1 (64)
Дата
Ответ на Fwd: postgresql databases disappearing and reappearing and disappearing on localhost - Postgresql x649.3 on Windows 8.1 (64)  (Killian Driscoll <killiandriscoll@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 08/04/2015 06:25 AM, Killian Driscoll wrote:

CCing list

Please do not top post, thanks.

> All the databases are one one server on localhost 5432

And you have verified this my looking at the Windows process monitor?

The reason I keep asking is that is looks very much like you are
connecting to two different clusters. One that has only your main
database and one with it and the four test databases.

Does the data in the main database look the same in both cases?

What does the Postgres log show when you connect?

Another theory is that this is a user privileges thing.

What user are you connecting as, and what privileges does that user have?

> Killian Driscoll
> Banting Postdoctoral Fellow
> Département d'anthropologie
> Université de Montréal
>
> umontreal.academia.edu/KillianDriscoll
> <http://umontreal.academia.edu/KillianDriscoll>
> www.lithicsireland.ie <http://www.lithicsireland.ie>
> ca.linkedin.com/in/killiandriscoll
> <http://ca.linkedin.com/in/killiandriscoll>
>
> On 4 August 2015 at 15:23, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
>
>     On 08/04/2015 01:58 AM, Killian Driscoll wrote:
>
>         I am using postgresql 9.3 with pgadmin III, and Access 2013 as a
>         front
>         end for data entry using (ODBC connection) linked tables, on a
>         Windows
>         8.1 (64).
>
>         I have one main database I am developing on a localhost:5432,
>         with four
>         other test databases I had on the same localhost. A few weeks
>         ago the
>         four test databases disappeared from the list in pgadmin III and
>         using
>         the shell command to list the databases, only the main database
>         showed up.
>

>     So do you have more then one Postgres cluster/instance on the machine?
>

>         A week ago, the four test databases reappeared and were apparently
>         functional (in pgadmin I viewed the tables and they appeared
>         fine). I
>         turned off pgadmin and restarted, and the four test dataabases
>         disappeared again. >
>         Today, I turned on pgadmin and the four appeared again - I took a
>         screenshot to confirm I am not hallucinating (!). Again, I
>         turned off
>         pgadmin, and restarted and they disappeared again.
>

>     --
>     Adrian Klaver

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com