Re: scaling postgres - can child tables be in a different tablespace?

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: scaling postgres - can child tables be in a different tablespace?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 8/4/2015 6:14 AM, Melvin Davidson wrote:
> As additional advice, to get the best performance, you will want all
> your tablespaces to be on separate spindles/disks.
> EG: disk1/tblspc1
>         disk2/tblspc2
>         disk3/tblspc3
>         disk99/tblspc99

actually, I find to get best performance most often, stripe all the
disks together and put everything on the same big volume, that way all
IO is evenly distributed.   otherwise you'll find too much IO on some
tables/partitions, and not enoguh on others, so most of the disks are
idle most of the time.

Сообщение: Re: Fwd: postgresql databases disappearing and reappearing and disappearing on localhost - Postgresql x649.3 on Windows 8.1 (64)