Re: Get the difference between two timestamp cells but in a special format in PostgreSQL

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Get the difference between two timestamp cells but in a special format in PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 06/24/2015 09:11 PM, litu16 wrote:
> This is my table...
>
> <http://postgresql.nabble.com/file/n5855074/screenshot.jpg>
>
> I would like to get the time difference between 'time_type = Lap' AND
> 'time_type = Start' in order to fill 'time_elapse'. Im almost sure that this
> code works...
>
> *    CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION timediff()
>        RETURNS trigger AS
>      $BODY$
>      DECLARE
>      t_ix real;
>
>      BEGIN
>      IF NEW.time_type = 'Lap' THEN
>        SELECT t.time FROM table_ebscb_spa_log04 t WHERE t.fn_name =
> NEW.fn_name AND t.time_type = 'Start' ORDER BY t.stmtserial DESC LIMIT 1
> INTO t_ix;
>          IF NOT FOUND THEN
>            RAISE EXCEPTION USING MESSAGE = 'There is not any previous
> row...';
>          ELSE
>            NEW.time_elapse := t_ix - NEW.time;
>          END IF;
>      END IF;
>      return NEW;
>      END
>      $BODY$
>        LANGUAGE plpgsql VOLATILE*
>
> But I don't know how to get the time difference between the two timestamps
> cells in a special format: (years/months/days
> hours:minutes:seconds:miliseconds) like this...

Well subtracting two timestamps gets you an interval:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/interactive/functions-datetime.html

Table 9-27. Date/Time Operators

which you can convert:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/interactive/functions-formatting.html

to_char(interval, text)     text     convert interval to string
to_char(interval '15h 2m 12s', 'HH24:MI:SS')

so:

postgres@production=# SELECT to_char(interval '15h 2m 12s', 'HH24:MI:SS');
  to_char
  15:02:12