Re: My postgres is not logging anymore

От Maila Fatticcioni
Тема Re: My postgres is not logging anymore
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On 06/18/2015 11:48 AM, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
> On 18/06/2015 10:34, Maila Fatticcioni wrote:
>> Hello. I have a postgres cluster made by two nodes with OS Ubuntu
>> 14.04. About two weeks ago I did a minor update of postgres to
>> the version 9.4.1-1.pgdg70+1. After I had to shutdown the
>> machines and I could start them just last week. Since then
>> postgresql has been stopping logging on both nodes. If I destroy
>> the log file and I do a restart, a new file is created but it
>> remains empty. I have tried to change some configuration
>> parameters with no success. I have tried to restart postgres on
>> both nodes and relocate the service as well - nothing. Apart from
>> this everything is working fine and my applications don't show
>> any errors during the connection to the database. Any ideas about
>> how to have back the log?
>>
>> Here my configuration file postgresql.conf:
>
> What have you got set for the following? - Here's what they're set
> to on my laptop (Windows 7, PG 9.4):
>
> log_destination = 'stderr' logging_collector = on log_filename =
> 'postgresql-%Y-%m-%d_%H%M%S.log' log_file_mode = 0600
> log_truncate_on_rotation = off log_rotation_age = 1d
> log_rotation_size = 10MB
>
> The comments in postgresql.conf indicate that log_destintion and
> logging_collector, at least, need to be set as above to generate
> log files.
>
> Ray.

I set up the logs using the parameters:
log_connections = on
log_disconnections = on
log_duration = on
log_error_verbosity = terse
log_statement = 'all'
log_timezone = 'localtime'

I think it would be enough to get the log in the file
/var/log/postgresql/postgresql-9.4-main.log . If I set the
logging_collector up the log would became
/var/lib/postgresql/9.4/main/pg_log/postgresql-2015-06-18_XXXXX.log .
I don't understand why postgresql logged before my update and now it
doesn't work anymore.

Best Regards,
Maila Fatticcioni

- --
                        Maila Fatticcioni
         Mediterranean Broadband Infrastructure s.r.l.
                 via Francesco Squartini n°7
               56121 Ospedaletto (PI) - ITALY
  Phone:   +39(050)3870851           Fax:   +39(050)3870809