Re: My postgres is not logging anymore

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: My postgres is not logging anymore
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 18/06/2015 13:13, Maila Fatticcioni wrote:
> On 06/18/2015 11:48 AM, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
>> On 18/06/2015 10:34, Maila Fatticcioni wrote:
>>> Hello. I have a postgres cluster made by two nodes with OS Ubuntu
>>> 14.04. About two weeks ago I did a minor update of postgres to
>>> the version 9.4.1-1.pgdg70+1. After I had to shutdown the
>>> machines and I could start them just last week. Since then
>>> postgresql has been stopping logging on both nodes. If I destroy
>>> the log file and I do a restart, a new file is created but it
>>> remains empty. I have tried to change some configuration
>>> parameters with no success. I have tried to restart postgres on
>>> both nodes and relocate the service as well - nothing. Apart from
>>> this everything is working fine and my applications don't show
>>> any errors during the connection to the database. Any ideas about
>>> how to have back the log?
>>>
>>> Here my configuration file postgresql.conf:
>
>> What have you got set for the following? - Here's what they're set
>> to on my laptop (Windows 7, PG 9.4):
>
>> log_destination = 'stderr' logging_collector = on log_filename =
>> 'postgresql-%Y-%m-%d_%H%M%S.log' log_file_mode = 0600
>> log_truncate_on_rotation = off log_rotation_age = 1d
>> log_rotation_size = 10MB
>
>> The comments in postgresql.conf indicate that log_destintion and
>> logging_collector, at least, need to be set as above to generate
>> log files.
>
>> Ray.
>

> I set up the logs using the parameters:
> log_connections = on
> log_disconnections = on
> log_duration = on
> log_error_verbosity = terse
> log_statement = 'all'
> log_timezone = 'localtime'
>
> I think it would be enough to get the log in the file
> /var/log/postgresql/postgresql-9.4-main.log . If I set the

Well, according to the comments in postgresql.conf - which you really
should read if you haven't already - you need logging_collector to be on
in order to log to a file at all. Read this too:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/runtime-config-logging.html

> logging_collector up the log would became
> /var/lib/postgresql/9.4/main/pg_log/postgresql-2015-06-18_XXXXX.log .

Just change log_filename to whatever you like.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Сообщение: Re: PL/pgSQL: How to return two columns and multiple rows
Сообщение: Re: PL/pgSQL: How to return two columns and multiple rows