Re: My postgres is not logging anymore

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: My postgres is not logging anymore
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 18/06/2015 10:34, Maila Fatticcioni wrote:
> Hello.
> I have a postgres cluster made by two nodes with OS Ubuntu 14.04.
> About two weeks ago I did a minor update of postgres to the version
> 9.4.1-1.pgdg70+1. After I had to shutdown the machines and I could
> start them just last week.
> Since then postgresql has been stopping logging on both nodes. If I
> destroy the log file and I do a restart, a new file is created but it
> remains empty. I have tried to change some configuration parameters
> with no success. I have tried to restart postgres on both nodes and
> relocate the service as well - nothing. Apart from this everything is
> working fine and my applications don't show any errors during the
> connection to the database. Any ideas about how to have back the log?
>
> Here my configuration file postgresql.conf:

What have you got set for the following? - Here's what they're set to on
my laptop (Windows 7, PG 9.4):

log_destination = 'stderr'
logging_collector = on
log_filename = 'postgresql-%Y-%m-%d_%H%M%S.log'
log_file_mode = 0600
log_truncate_on_rotation = off
log_rotation_age = 1d
log_rotation_size = 10MB

The comments in postgresql.conf indicate that log_destintion and
logging_collector, at least, need to be set as above to generate log files.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie