Re: Postgres Hidden Pitfalls

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgres Hidden Pitfalls
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
matthew.palmer@abcmail.co.uk (Matt Palmer) writes:
> is anyone able to assist me in finding a publication/source which
> documents Postgresqls hidden problems.

Well, one not-too-hidden pitfall is running with old releases...

> Unfortuantely my /var file system filled up because I had to do about
> 10 bulk copies, which created an unexpected 160 mb of xlog files on
> var and toppled the system as the var filesystem filled up

... and unlimited growth of xlog files was fixed awhile ago.

We don't make dot-releases just to amuse ourselves.  If you're on
7.1.2, and there's a 7.1.3 available, you're on the wrong release.
(Actually you should be on 7.2.2 ;-) ... but moving up to a patch
release later in the same series is a painless no-brainer.)