Re: connect postgresql to a different cluster

От Zoltan Szecsei
Тема Re: connect postgresql to a different cluster
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,
Thanks to David and Gilberto for the input.

All sorted and working.

Kind regards,
Zoltan

On 2015/05/07 20:02, Gilberto Castillo wrote:

Hi,
My question refers to a newly installed postgresql 9.4 on ubuntu 15.04.

Is it possible to mount a file system with an existing 9.4 version
postgresql cluster onto a new machine and get a fresh postgresql install
to connect to that cluster?

When I installed postgresql it created a /var/lib/postgrersql/9.4/main
cluster, and pointed to it via /etc/postgresql/9.4/main

I then mounted a HD with an existing v9.4 postgresql cluster called
gisdata at /mnt/geo_pgsql/postgres.
Note that I have no /etc/postgresql/9.4/gisdata directory. (I forgot to
back it up before reinstalling ubuntu)

initdb -D /mnt/geo_pgsql/postgres will clobber my existing gisdata
cluster, will it not?
Use: pg_ctl -D /mnt/geo_pgsql/postgres -l /tmp/logfile start

Saludos,
Gilberto Castillo
ETECSA, La Habana, Cuba

---
This message was processed by Kaspersky Mail Gateway 5.6.28/RELEASE running at host imx3.etecsa.cu
Visit our web-site: <http://www.kaspersky.com>, <http://www.viruslist.com>

Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
GIS and Photogrammetric Services

P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax:    +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za