Re: PostgreSQL drivers support for Accessing HAWQ Data.

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: PostgreSQL drivers support for Accessing HAWQ Data.
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
On 04/06/2015 12:44 PM, Pasupunooti, Kiran Kumar (GE, Appl & Light,
consultant) wrote:
> Hi Adrian Klaver,
>
> I don't have clarity exactly on HAWQ, you should know since its Pivotal product.
> We have our data located in HAWQ, some of our users want to pull the tables from HAWQ into SAS.
> SAS does not have its HAWQ drivers to pull data from HAWQ into SAS,
> I heard Pivotal HAWQ supports drivers Green plum and PostgreSQL drivers to pull the data.
> I have already tested the Greenplum ODBC drivers, and I was able to pull data from HAWQ into SAS.
> But while testing I have used EVAL the evaluation copy when it asked Serial Number and key fields.
> By any chance can I get the serial number and key fields for the licensed copy for Green plum drivers.

Not without paying for, I am sure.

According to here you should be able to use the standard ODBC drivers:

http://hawq.docs.pivotal.io/docs-gpdb/admin_guide/access_db/topics/g-supported-client-applications.html

using these parameters:

http://hawq.docs.pivotal.io/docs-gpdb/admin_guide/access_db/topics/g-establishing-a-database-session.html

In fact you are supposed to be able to connect using psql, so I would
try that first as a test.

> And also can you tell me whether Pivotal HAWQ ODBC drivers supports to pull data from HAWQ into SAS.

Pivotal says yes:

http://hawq.docs.pivotal.io/docs-gpdb/admin_guide/access_db/topics/g-third-party-client-tools.html#topic13

Ithink we will need a more detailed explanation of what you are doing, in particular where Postgres fits into this.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL drivers support for Accessing HAWQ Data.
От: "Pasupunooti, Kiran Kumar (GE, Appl & Light, consultant)"
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL drivers support for Accessing HAWQ Data.