Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Another attempt at fixing Windows Norwegian locale.

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Another attempt at fixing Windows Norwegian locale.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 01/16/2015 04:17 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@iki.fi> writes:
>>> Backpatch to 9.2 like the previous attempt. We haven't made a release that
>>> includes the previous fix yet, so we don't need to worry about changing the
>>> locale of existing clusters from "norwegian-bokmal" to "Norwegian_Norway".
>>> (Doing any mapping like this at all requires changing the locale of
>>> existing databases; the release notes need to include instructions for
>>> that).
>>
>> What instructions do you have in mind to give?
>
> I wrote preliminary instructions here:
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/attachment/35205/fix-bokmal-pg_database.txt.
> Another method is to use pg_upgrade. I'll need to format that for the
> release notes, and add more explanation of what the issue is and who it
> applies to.
>
> Or perhaps it would be better to put those instructions on a wiki page,
> so that we can easily add to it later if necessary?

Ok, I have created a wiki page for these instructions:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Changes_To_Norwegian_Locale

They can be moved to the release notes, or we can just add a note there
with a link to the wiki page. I think the latter would be better.
Suggested reference in the release notes:

Migration to Version X

If you are a Windows user, using the "Norwegian (Bokmål)" locale, manual
action is needed after the upgrade, to replace the "Norwegian
(Bokmål)_Norway" locale names stored in system catalogs with its
pure-ASCII alias, "Norwegian_Norway". More information is available at
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Changes_To_Norwegian_Locale

- Heikki