Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Another attempt at fixing Windows Norwegian locale.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Another attempt at fixing Windows Norwegian locale.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> writes:
> On 01/16/2015 07:05 PM, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> On 01/16/2015 04:17 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> What instructions do you have in mind to give?

> Ok, I have created a wiki page for these instructions:

> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Changes_To_Norwegian_Locale

> They can be moved to the release notes, or we can just add a note there
> with a link to the wiki page. I think the latter would be better.
> Suggested reference in the release notes:

> Migration to Version X

> If you are a Windows user, using the "Norwegian (Bokm�l)" locale, manual
> action is needed after the upgrade, to replace the "Norwegian
> (Bokm�l)_Norway" locale names stored in system catalogs with its
> pure-ASCII alias, "Norwegian_Norway". More information is available at
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Changes_To_Norwegian_Locale

I've looked at this issue a bit now.  I'm good with using essentially this
text in the release notes, but I think the instructions are one brick shy
of a load.  Specifically, you claimed in the second commit that we'd not
made any releases using "norwegian-bokmal", but that's utterly wrong:
9.4.0 uses that spelling.  What advice do we need to give 9.4 users?