Re: PostgreSQL file system based restore from Linux to Windows

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: PostgreSQL file system based restore from Linux to Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 12/31/2014 02:28 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> It might happen to work, if you're talking the same Intel-ish CPU type
> on both ends ... but if it fails, don't call us.

It might for 32-bit, but I'm pretty sure it's not going to for 64-bit
because Windows is LLP64 and Linux is LP64, so sizeof(long) differs. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/64-bit_computing .

(Yet another area where Windows is annoyingly and pointlessly different,
like use of UTF16 instead of UTF-8, though at least there they have the
excuse of doing it first.)

Just use a Linux box or a virtual machine to start a copy of the
database, then pg_dump -Fc it and pg_restore to a new instance on the
Windows box.