Re: Final(?) proposal for wal_sync_method changes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Final(?) proposal for wal_sync_method changes
Дата
Re: Final(?) proposal for wal_sync_method changes  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Re: Final(?) proposal for wal_sync_method changes  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> On 12/7/10 2:28 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Another point here is that it's not clear why we're selecting a
>> known-to-be-insecure default on OS X (where in fact all methods except
>> fsync_writethrough fail to push data to disk).  We've been around on
>> that before, of course, and maybe now is not the time to change it.

> Because nobody sane uses OSX on the server?

Some of us would make the same remark about Windows.  But we go out of
our way to provide a safe default on that platform anyhow.