Re: Final(?) proposal for wal_sync_method changes

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Final(?) proposal for wal_sync_method changes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 12/07/2010 06:11 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Josh Berkus<josh@agliodbs.com>  writes:
>> On 12/7/10 2:28 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Another point here is that it's not clear why we're selecting a
>>> known-to-be-insecure default on OS X (where in fact all methods except
>>> fsync_writethrough fail to push data to disk).  We've been around on
>>> that before, of course, and maybe now is not the time to change it.
>> Because nobody sane uses OSX on the server?
> Some of us would make the same remark about Windows.  But we go out of
> our way to provide a safe default on that platform anyhow.

In practice, though, Windows is used a lot on servers and OSX isn't.
That means we are probably going to have lots less push on this sort of
thing from the OSX community, which is not to say that we shouldn't try
to be just as safe on OSX as we try to be everywhere else.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: Final(?) proposal for wal_sync_method changes
Сообщение: Re: Final(?) proposal for wal_sync_method changes