Re: postgresql-jdbc 9.4-1209 src tarball issue

От Pavel Raiskup
Тема Re: postgresql-jdbc 9.4-1209 src tarball issue
Дата
Re: postgresql-jdbc 9.4-1209 src tarball issue  (Pavel Raiskup <praiskup@redhat.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Tuesday, July 19, 2016 10:14:45 AM CEST Dave Cramer wrote:
> OK, I'm somewhat confused what was the point of
> https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/pull/601 and
> https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/pull/578 if you are still building from
> source ?

That is just CI -- we want to know that the pgjdbc's git-HEAD is compliant
with downstream packaging, so once you'll submit new release it will be OK.

And also some people might decide to run against those snapshot too .. but we
don't want to distribute git snapshots in stable Fedora distributions.

That means, we still need to have source tarball provided by you.

> As to tarballs: can you just pull a tarball from github and build from
> there ?

We can, yes.  At least I don't see any problem ATM.  That tarball has yet
another structure ... but it is just about fixing build script.

I don't want to complicate things, that tarball is fine -- would it be
possible to fix https://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html so from 1209
release the link points to github tarball?  Then we could be sure that all
distros are building against the same source.

Pavel