Re: Newb question - PostgreSQL ODBC Driver for Teiid

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Newb question - PostgreSQL ODBC Driver for Teiid
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/16/2014 06:56 AM, Conover, Paul W wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a Virtual database connection to Teiid using PostgreSQL ODBC
> driver 8.04.02.00. When running my SQL queries everything complets
> successfully, but the Column Names are all coming back lower case. I did
> quite a bit of research on this and am finding that if the alias is in
> Double Quotes it should be case-insensitive, but this is not what is
> happening. Is there a setting in the configuration for this? I have gone
> through all the setting and did not see anything specific to
> case-insensitive.

If I am following you, then you have this backwards.

See:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/sql-syntax-lexical.html

Quoting an identifier also makes it case-sensitive, whereas unquoted
names are always folded to lower case. For example, the identifiers FOO,
foo, and "foo" are considered the same by PostgreSQL, but "Foo" and
"FOO" are different from these three and each other. (The folding of
unquoted names to lower case in PostgreSQL is incompatible with the SQL
standard, which says that unquoted names should be folded to upper case.
Thus, foo should be equivalent to "FOO" not "foo" according to the
standard. If you want to write portable applications you are advised to
always quote a particular name or never quote it.)

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com