Re: psql connection issue

От Stephen Davies
Тема Re: psql connection issue
Дата
Список pgsql-general
This is not the same issue.
However, I had already disabled SELinux for other reasons.

The actual cause of my issue was the "new" private tmp facility in systemd
startup of httpd. This makes the PostgreSQL socket invisible to CGI scripts.

We have survived for many years without this before migrating to CentOS 7 so I
simply disabled this too and all came good.

Cheers and thanks,
Stephen

http://serverfault.com/questions/609947/database-connection-to-postgresql-refused-for-flask-app-under-mod-wsgi-when-start

> Short version:
>
> Disable SELinux
>

>> Cheers and thanks,
>> Stephen

>>> Some Linux variants think it improves security to run daemons like apache
>>> in a context where what the daemon sees as /tmp has been mapped somewhere
>>> else.
>>>
>>> If you're running one of these platforms, the Postgres server and libpq
>>> distributed by the vendor will have been hacked to cope, typically by
>>> agreeing that the socket location is something like /var/run/postgresql/
>>> rather than /tmp.  I'm guessing your 9.3 installation was self-built
>>> and hasn't been configured that way.
>>>
>>>             regards, tom lane

Stephen Davies Consulting P/L                             Phone: 08-8177 1595
Adelaide, South Australia.                                Mobile:040 304 0583
Records & Collections Management.