Re: Why isn't Java support part of Postgresql core?

От cowwoc
Тема Re: Why isn't Java support part of Postgresql core?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On 9/15/14 1:30 PM, cowwoc wrote:
>> Any chance you guys could help cleaning up the build/deploy process?
>>
>> This is a pretty big hurdle to overcome for new users.
> I'm glad to hear that PL/Java is still working well for some people.
>
> Last I saw it was stuck in a transition of the build system from make to
> maven, and the documentation was inconsistent either way.
>
> It looks like with a little non-coding help this could be cleared up.

Peter,

I think it would be much more productive to fix the deployment problem
(instead of throwing more documentation at it). If the extension came
bundled with Postgresql and was as easy to install as "CREATE EXTENSION
pljava" then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Asking end-users to compile the project from source sounds like a
non-starter to me.

Gili

Сообщение: Re: Why isn't Java support part of Postgresql core?
Сообщение: Re: Why isn't Java support part of Postgresql core?