Re: Why isn't Java support part of Postgresql core?

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Why isn't Java support part of Postgresql core?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 9/17/2014 2:50 PM, cowwoc wrote:
> I think it would be much more productive to fix the deployment problem
> (instead of throwing more documentation at it). If the extension came
> bundled with Postgresql and was as easy to install as "CREATE
> EXTENSION pljava" then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I believe a major issue is the JNI interface...   even on a specific
platform like RHEL6 there can be any of a rather wide range of different
java's installed, openjdk 1.6, openjdk 1.7, or any of various Sun Java
SE or EE builds, or even (ARRRGH) GCJ...... the JNI components need to
be linked to a specific one of these to function properly.

Сообщение: Re: Why isn't Java support part of Postgresql core?
Сообщение: Re: Why isn't Java support part of Postgresql core?