Re: pg_dump does not include database-level user-defined GUC variables?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: pg_dump does not include database-level user-defined GUC variables?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 09/16/2014 10:33 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:

>>> That sort of information *about the database* is stored at the
>>> cluster level, not in the database itself.  Take a look at
>>> pg_dumpall.
>>

>> aha, I though it is bug
> That's a feature :)

I would lean more to bug:(

If I do:

/usr/local/pgsql93/bin/pg_dumpall -U postgres -p 5452 -f dumpall.sql

I get:

CREATE DATABASE test WITH TEMPLATE = template0 OWNER = postgres;
ALTER DATABASE test SET "my.guc" TO 'on';

SET statement_timeout = 0;
SET lock_timeout = 0;
SET client_encoding = 'UTF8';
SET standard_conforming_strings = on;
SET check_function_bodies = false;
SET client_min_messages = warning;

If I do:

/usr/local/pgsql93/bin/pg_dump -C -U postgres -Fp -p 5452 -f
test_only.sql test

I get:

CREATE DATABASE test WITH TEMPLATE = template0 ENCODING = 'UTF8'
LC_COLLATE = 'en_US.UTF-8' LC_CTYPE = 'en_US.UTF-8';

SET statement_timeout = 0;
SET lock_timeout = 0;
SET client_encoding = 'UTF8';
SET standard_conforming_strings = on;
SET check_function_bodies = false;
SET client_min_messages = warning;

If I am looking to recreate a database I am not getting the same one. At
the least it should be accessible via pg_dumpall -g so you could do
individual database dumps and get the database guc without having to
dump the entire cluster.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com